Self Storage Hints and Tips
PACK YOUR ITEMS WELL
- Using proper packing materials such as corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, air pillows etc will maintain and protect your goods whilst in transit and storage.
- Fill boxes to capacity, and pack heavier items into smaller boxes. Partially filled boxes and cartons may tip over or collapse.
- Pack books flat, not on their spines.
- Label or number your boxes, this makes unpacking easier when your self storage needs are over. Not to mention that finding that particular box in your room will not be such a daunting task!
- Make a comprehensive list of your stored items and keep this safely at home
- Remove any batteries
- Use wardrobe boxes to help your clothes keep their shape
PLAN YOUR STORAGE SPACE
- Put the boxes or items that you will need to get to the most often, near the front
- Stack similar sized boxes together to maximise space
- Stack chairs seat to seat with a protective layer between them
- Leave fridge and freezer doors open to allow the air to circulate
- Avoid putting heavy items on top of soft furnishings – these should be near the top
- To aid ventilation, try not to lean or stack furniture against the outside walls
- Cover your goods with dust sheets to protect from dust
Please contact us on 01803 835777if you are in any doubt about what or how to pack – we are here to help!